Five Steps in Building a Cloud ERP Practice: Webinar Replay
We know business application resellers, technology consulting firms, web developers, and mid-market software VARs are all keenly aware of the cloud opportunity and want to understand how to capitalize on it. In fact, there is a $32 billion addressable market for ERP and CRM business applications and we are at a rich inflection point as Y2K-era solutions are reaching end of life and need replacing.
Need proof of the interest in building a Cloud ERP practice? Hundreds of channel professionals attended last month's UBM Channel webinar featuring NetSuite vice president of channel sales Craig West. If you missed the live broadcast, you're still in luck. The 40-minute presentation, hosted by CRN technology editor Jonas Tichenor, shares the five most important steps solution providers and VARs need to consider when building a cloud ERP practice and is still available for free replay here.
As NetSuite's channel chief, Craig has played a critical role in the strategic development, growth and success of NetSuite's Solution Provider program over the past 10 years. In this informative webinar, both Craig and Jonas explore the changing world of enterprise software delivery for channel partners. For example, analysts calculate almost 40 percent of all IT spending will be off-premise and in the cloud this year, and that figure is increasing rapidly. The five building blocks discussed in the webinar will help channel partners understand how to position their business to participate in the surging demand for cloud computing.
The UBM Channel webinar explores in detail the following five steps in building a Cloud ERP practice:
- Conducting a complete readiness assessment. Many VARs consider readiness only from the customer demand perspective. But being an effective cloud channel partner may require repositioning your services and vertical expertise.
- Staffing for success. Cloud solutions benefit from new skillsets – sales staff in particular may need to learn a new brand of business process-focused selling. The decision-makers purchasing cloud solutions want to have conversations about solving problems, not acquiring technology. Channel sales professionals must be ready to meet that new challenge.
- Assessing cloud vendors. Channel-oriented cloud vendors ensure their partners are deeply involved in the customer relationship and provide services enablement in areas such as CRM, ERP, and eCommerce. Craig covers in detail the key qualities to look for in Cloud vendors.
- Aligning demand generation. The sales engagement point has shifted further back in the opportunity funnel, from the information-gathering stage to the evaluation step. Resellers and solution providers need to be prepared to work with customers who now have a more fully-informed opinion before first enagement is made by their sales teams.
- Ensuring positive ROI. Craig describes in detail the positive financial return and necessary investments in becoming a cloud-oriented business. In particular he notes how cloud solutions can deliver two- to three-times ROI to partners ready to embrace the opportunity.
This webinar can help solution providers align their business with the richest opportunities, made possible by the high demand for Cloud application solutions.
-Amede Hungerford - Sr. Director, Partner Marketing
comments powered by
Posted on Mon, January 28, 2013
by NetSuite filed under